Ubud Yoga Class Schedule
Selamat Datang & Om Swastiastu
We welcome YOU to experience our "Oasis of calm in the Center of Ubud"
As a center dedicated to healing and renewal, The Yoga Barn provides a lush and inspiring environment for the nourishment of body, mind and soul for all members of the Bali community.
Whether you are a traveler looking to drop in once, an Ubud local wanting to practice regularly or a teacher interested to bring a group to our enchanted oasis, we welcome you to join the Yoga Barn extended family!
Featuring over 15 classes a day to choose from, the programming team at The Yoga Barn has created a diverse schedule of the highest quality, taught with the deep knowledge and large hearts of the studio's faculty.
The mosaic of daily classes and workshops include Yin, Acro, Classical Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, Power, Yoga with Weights, Iyengar, Anusara Inspired, Tai Chi, and for those who are looking for relaxation, there is Gong Bath, Tibetan Bowls, Sound Healing, Restorative Yoga, Pranayama, Meditation and more. Other amazing weekly activities include the Monday Night Movies (bi-weekly), Sunday’s Ecstatic Dance, followed by an incredible buffet in the Garden Kafe and Sunday Evening Kirtan (call and response chanting).
Classes are mostly Open Level, unless labelled otherwise on the schedule (Look for notations: Level 1 (All Levels/Beginner), Level 1/2 (Intermediate) or Level 2 (Advanced). Classes fill up quickly, especially during the busy season. Registration opens 30 minutes before class, first come first serve. Ecstatic Dance and Tibetan Bowl registration opens 1 hour before class.
See our current daily class schedule below:
See our monthly events, workshops and retreats schedule:
Yoga Barn Fee Structure
Class Cards are offered in denominations of 3, 5, 10, 20 and 30 Day Unlimited only. The price per class descends on a sliding scale depending on how many classes you purchase.
Please note that there are donation based community classes for those on a budget.
Yoga Barn Class Card regulations:
- Class cards are valid from 6months from date of purchase and are non-extendable.
- Class Cards are registered in the name of ONE individual only (the person purchasing the class card). As long as the person on the name of the card is attending a particular class he/she may share the card with any accompanying guests.
- A special Bali Expat Discount is available to Expats who live in Bali and can produce a Valid Kitas registered in Bali (not in other areas of Indonesia) ID IS REQUIRED.
- Balinese locals who can produce a valid Bali Based KTP are welcome to join any class by donation (KTPS must have been issued in Bali, not other islands in Indonesia).
- Students between 12-16 years (ID may be required) can purchase class cards with a 50% discount.
- We understand that occasionally classes may not be quite what you expect. If you leave a class within the first 15 minutes and report immediately to reception you will be refunded for that class. Any later than 15 minutes, there will be no refund.
- Yoga Barn Class Cards are non-refundable, non-extendable and non-transferrable. You cannot transfer your card to another person after leaving Bali. Please purchase the class card denomination that best suits the time you will be spending in Bali.
Yoga Barn Studio Guidelines & Etiquette
New to yoga or thinking about starting yoga? Etiquette is at the heart of a yoga practice and it is best to know this sooner rather than later to gain respect of your fellow yogis and teachers. Our rules might sacrifice individual needs on occasion, but have been created for the comfort of the larger group.
The Yoga Barn apologizes for any inconveniences that our Guidelines may cause you.
Yoga Barn Studio Guidelines:
- Class registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis and takes place in the Lower Reception. At this time, you cannot pre-pay or pre-book classes.
- Each class is 1 hour and 30 minutes duration, unless otherwise noted.
- Classes are mostly Open Level, unless labelled otherwise on the schedule (Look for notations: Level 1 (All Levels/Beginner), Level 1/2 (Intermediate) or Level 2 (Advanced). Classes fill up quickly, especially during the busy season. Registration opens 30 minutes before class, first come first serve. Ecstatic Dance and Tibetan Bowl registration opens 1 hour before class.
- Yoga mats & props are provided, but feel free to bring your own.
- Each Studio/Class has a Maximum Number of participants allowed in the room, once registration hits that maximum the class is considered full. There are NO EXCEPTIONS, we will not squeeze another person in the room, it just becomes uncomfortable for the group as a whole.
- Classes Entrance is closed 15 minutes after the scheduled start time. There are NO EXCEPTIONS for late guests after 15 minutes.
- Daily classes fill up quickly, please come at least 15mins before class in the normal season and 30mins before class in busy seasons in order to reserve your space (busy seasons: Dec – Jan, Mar - Apr, July – Aug).
- Evening classes also fill up to maximum capacity, especially Friday Ecstatic Dance, Gong Bath and Tibetan Bowl Meditation. For these classes, registration begins 1 hour prior to the start of class. Please come early and have dinner in the Garden Kafe to fill your time.
- Ecstatic Dance and Sunday Dance have limited capacity and is usually packed to the gills! Entrance tickets go on sale 1 hour before start time. Please come early, have a fresh juice as you wait in the conga line and have fun!!!! (On Sunday’s there is an amazing buffet afterwards in the Garden Kafe from 12pm).
- For daily classes, Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to join classes, there are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule unless otherwise stated on the schedule as ‘Child Friendly’. Sunday’s Ecstatic Dance and Kirtan are family friendly, so come one, come all!
- With the exception of the Yoga Barn Menagerie, no pets are allowed in classes.
- Practice Patience and Kindness at the Registration Desk. Have Respect for the Yoga Barn staff and understand how hard it is to manager hundreds of Yogis trying to get into class on time. Everyone is trying their best.
- Dress Appropriately for class and for walking in the streets of Ubud. Remember you are in Bali, a slightly more conservative Hindu culture that prefers modesty in the form of covered elbows, shoulders and thighs. This applies to both men and women. We have changing rooms for this purpose.
- Be Punctual. Come 15 minutes before class and settle into the room quietly, it is a sanctuary for the duration of your class.
- Respect the teacher and your neighbors, please practice as instructed by the teacher and do not practice your own series during class.
- Consider your neighbors on the mat next to you and make sure that you are fresh and clean and not wearing cologne or perfume. Many people can not handle strong scents, so naturally clean and fresh is best. Showers are located on site and towels are available for rent.
- Absolutely NO SELFIES during class! Please turn off your cell phone or at least put it on silent before the first OM.
- Observe SILENCE during class and especially during Savasana, where you integrate all you have absorbed during class.
- Clean up your space at the end of class. Pick up your props and mats and put in the designated areas as instructed by the teacher if not obvious.
- If exiting early, please do so just before Savasana, not during. Figure out the best way to leave your space silently. If you have no other option, leave your mat and props where they are (do not open the cabinets) and quietly leave with respect to the group.
- Practice GRATITUDE. Whether you enjoyed the class you took or felt it was not your style, please know that the Yoga Barn staff and faculty gives 100% of themselves to provide you with the best experience possible. Many years of personal study has prepared our faculty to teach, and hours of prep goes into each class taught. There is a teacher for everybody and we hope that the Yoga Barn provided you with the what you need for now.
For more guidelines on Student Etiquette, we like to suggest you see this outside source. https://yogainternational.com/article/view/yoga-etiquette-for-new-students
All of our classes are taught with love, passion and dedication from our incredible faculty of diverse teachers. We hope you have a heart-opening, mind-expanding and friendship-sharing experience with us.
The Yoga Barn!