Given the current global health warning about the spread of the coronavirus, we assume that many of you are worried about the spread of the virus in Bali.
As an act of Ahimsa, embodying the tenant of doing no harm to self or others, The Yoga Barn will close studio’s and facilities from Monday 16th March until NYEPI (day of silence) Wednesday 25 March, 2020. This holistic measure is about the good health of our Yoga Barn team, Ubud community and travelling visitors. The closure of our yoga studios and facilities is an operational imperative to ensure we lead with vigilant sanitizing protocols to all of our public use facilities.
Here is some information to update you on the status of the virus in Bali, Indonesia and the action steps you can take to assist in reducing the risk of spreading this virus at The Yoga Barn.
Bali Discovery News provides up to date information if you'd like to follow this closely or, have a read of the following articles for more information:
Corona Virus by numbers
Bali still testing negative for Corona Virus
Bali – A welcome not to sneeze at
Q&A on Corona Viruses
The Corona Virus in Asia – Live Update
Please read this guide and follow the simple steps to reduce your risk of Coronavirus infection:
- IF YOU FEEL FEVERISH, SICK OR HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS, stay home
- IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY TRAVELLED FROM ANY AFFECTED COUNTRY, PLEASE QUARANTINE YOURSELF
- AVOID CONTACT with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- WASH YOUR HANDS WITH SOAP whenever you can
- USE HAND SANITIZER whenever you can (sold all over Bali)
- REFRAIN FROM SHARING utensils and food
- WIPE DOWN YOUR MATS & PROPS AFTER CLASS
- DON’T COUGH, SNEEZE OR BREATHE in public spaces
We wish you a happy and healthy experience at The Yoga Barn.
The Yoga Barn Team